Do you have a Sonos speaker to satisfy your music needs, but it does not sound perfect yet? Don’t worry! We can help you get the best quality sound by helping you get the best equalizer setting for Sonos. If you are a music buff, you might already be aware of the treble and bass you prefer for music, and that is not the tricky part.
The tricky part is when you need to get that setting on your Sonos equalizer. Read on to know how to get the best Sonos equalizer settings.
Steps To Get The Best Equalizer Setting For Sonos Speakers
Have you ever thought about how important it is to adjust the equalizer settings are for the Sonos speaker? It is comparatively easy to adjust the equalizer for Sonos speakers. You can use the Sonos app to get the desired results in no time. The steps to follow are:
- When you purchase the Sonos speaker, make sure to install the Sonos app to get going. You can get this app on your iOS or Android device from App Store and Play Store, respectively.
- Once installed, open the Sonos app on your device. You need to open the app and click on the ‘More tabs’ option.
- You will be directed to a list of options where you have to click on ‘settings.’
- In the settings menu, you will be able to see different options. Click on the ‘Room settings’ option.
- Now, you need to select the room you wish to adjust the setting.
- In the following dropdown menu, click on the EQ option to continue.
- You will be able to see some sliders on the screen for Treble, Bass, and Balance. Adjust them as per your requirement and have a great time playing the music.
See More: The Best NAS Drive for Sonos
An Alternative Method Of Having The Best Equalizer Settings For Sonos Speakers
If you have not grown a taste for some specific equalizer settings already, Sonos has a great opportunity for you too. You can rely on the Sonos Trueplay settings to guide you with the best equalizer options. To use the TruePlay settings, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Installation of the Sonos app from Google Playstore or App Store is always the first step to utilizing some of the best equalizer settings. Install it.
- Open the app on your Android or iOS device and click on the ‘more’ option.
- You need to click on ‘Settings’ as the following step.
- From the options available in front of you, select ‘Room settings.’
- Click on the room where you wish to tune the equalizer. A red dot appears for the rooms that are not tuned yet. Click on one such room to make use of the TruePlay settings.
- Next, tap on the ‘TruePlay Tuning’ options and follow the steps as directed. The in-app steps will guide you to the completion of the Trueplay tuning setting.
- Once the Trueplay tuning is done, the red dot indicating the pending tuning for the rooms will change into green color.
- The Trueplay settings help you get the right treble bass and balance for the speaker based on assumptions made for each room.
- If you are confident about your equalizer requirements, you can go ahead and make the changes based on your requirement. Till then, you can rely on Trueplay to guide you.
What Does Each Of The Equalizer Setting Options Mean?
When you open the EQ setting option for your Sonos speakers, you will come across four basic settings. Each of these settings means something when it comes to a perfect audio experience. The meaning for each one of them are as follows:
- Bass: It adjusts the sound of instruments having lower frequencies, such as kick drums and bass.
- Treble: Treble adjusts the sound from higher frequency instruments such as guitars and vocals.
- Balance: If there are two audio channels for your speaker, it helps to adjust the sound on both channels at a time. It is not available on all Sonos speakers. It is only available for Play:3, Play:5, and a couple of others.
- Loudness: This feature is used to specific frequencies and bass while listening to music at low volumes.
Working of Sonos
Sonos is known to be one of the small multi-room speakers available in the market at present. It makes use of your home Wi-Fi network to stream music from more than 100 streaming platforms, such as Amazon Music, Spotify, and Apple Music.
You can also stream radio, audiobooks, and podcasts on your Sonos. Sonos does not charge any monthly subscription fees for streaming services. You can connect the speakers in each room by giving them identifiable names and stream multi-room music for an elevated experience.
Sonos comes with maximum flexibility and user-friendly usage for better user compatibility. Some of the ways you can control your Sonos device are:
- Through the Sonos app
- By using voice control with the help of Alexa, Google Home, and others
- Controlling from the streaming app directly
- On-device control
Many Sonos devices are being used by music lovers these days, and each one of them should have the perfect equalizer settings for a better experience. Knowing the kind of equalizer settings you wish to have, good enough. If you are not confident about the equalizer settings, do not worry, Sonos is there for you. The Trueplay settings option is just the perfect one for you.
For an incredible audio experience, after your purchase the speaker, adjust the sound quality and equalizer settings. What more are you looking for? The speaker comes with additional support for equalizer settings to make your multi-room audio experience better like never before. The chat support from team Sonos will help you each step of the way and get your speaker adjusted in no time. Contact them in case of any queries or support for a great multi-room audio experience. You can take assistance for installation of the speaker from them too.