The Soundlink Revolve is Bose’s best-performing portable Bluetooth speaker that provides you with consistent and uniform coverage due to its 360 degree sound. It is a great speaker for your room as well as outdoors. The speaker has been designed to be portable to accompany you wherever you go. They are water-resistant and come with bumpers that protect your speakers when you accidentally drop them, making them highly durable.
The Soundlink Revolve comes with a multi-function button that allows you to use voice commands for your google assistant or Siri through the speakers. The speakers do not have a built-in Alexa voice assistant. However, you can control the portable speakers through another Alexa-enabled speaker such as an Echo Dot.
Further reading: What Is Alexa And What Does Alexa Do?
Bose Soundlink Revolve Features
The Soundlink Revolve is the perfect portable speaker for your outdoor pool parties as it is both astonishingly loud and water-resistant. Do you like dancing in the shower while listening to music? You can take your portable speakers with you into the bathroom and not worry about getting a few splashes of water on them accidentally.
The speaker comes with in-built prompts which guide you through your Bluetooth pairing process. The Soundlink Revolve can remember the last eight recently connected Bluetooth devices making it easy for you to play your music without going through the hassle of pairing your devices multiple times.
Excellent Battery Life
The Bose Soundlink Revolve has a stable battery life making it the perfect speaker for camping, road trips, and parties. The speaker’s lithium-ion battery lets you play music on your device for up to 12 hours.
Hardy and Durable
The speakers are specially designed with bumpers on each side which protects it from damage when you accidentally knock it over, place it on a surface too hard, or toss it in a bag. Do you have butterfingers and are continually dropping your belongings due to your clumsiness? With the Soundlink Revolve, you do not have to worry about causing damage to it when you drop it or knock it over.
Compact and easy to grab with soft smooth buttons, the Soundlink Revolve is the perfect travel buddy. It has been specifically designed for people who are on the move. Its design makes it easy to grasp when you are about to move
The new Bose Soundlink Revolve speakers are available in two beautiful, classy colors: Triple Black and Luxe Silver.
You may also like: Bose Soundbar 700 vs Sonos Beam: A Comparison
Linking your Soundlink Revolve to Amazon Alexa
Since there is no built-in Alexa voice assistant in your speakers, you must be wondering how to link it with Alexa to use voice commands. If you simply follow the steps mentioned below in this article you will be able to link your Soundlink Revolve to your Alexa Device.
- STEP 1: Switch on your Bose Soundlink Revolve speakers and enable the Bluetooth pairing function by pressing the Bluetooth button on your speaker.
- STEP 2: Open the Alexa application on your smartphone or tablet. If you do not have it installed, you can download it from the Google Playstore. Once downloaded, you can log in with your Amazon account or sign-up and create a new account.
- STEP 3: On the application home, select devices and tap on the Echo & Alexa section.
- STEP 4: Select the Alexa device that you would want to link to your Bose Soundlink Revolve speakers.
- STEP 5: Once you have selected your Alexa device, click on “Bluetooth Devices” and then select “Pair a new device.”
- STEP 6: Find your Soundlink Revolve speaker and select to pair it with your Echo speakers
Once paired, you can now use voice commands through your Alexa-enabled speaker to control your Bose Revolve Soundlink speaker.
Bose Portable Speaker With Alexa Voice Assistant
If you are looking for a portable speaker which is Alexa-enabled and allows you to use voice command directly without having to pair it with an Echo device, then the Bose Portable Smart Speaker is the best choice for you.
Unlike the Soundlink Revolve, these speakers come with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity allowing you to control the speaker through voice command while it is connected to the Wi-Fi. When it comes to its features, it has all the same features as the Soundlink Revolve.
It is water-resistant, durable, extremely loud with 360 degrees sound, and is portable. The Bose Portable Speaker even comes with a well-designed and convenient handle that allows you to hold it as a tote while moving about. The handle lessens the probability of the speakers accidentally slipping out of your hands. Just like the Bose Soundlink Revolve, it too comes in the colors Triple Black and Luxe Silver.
You may also like: What Are The Best Alexa-compatible Devices?
Additional features of the Bose Portable Smart Speaker
This portable smart speaker can be used as a voice-controlled speaker. It is equipped with technology that allows it to seamlessly work with voice assistants such as Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- STEP 1: Open your Bose music application and click on the “My Bose” icon located on the top-left corner of the screen.
- STEP 2: Click on your Bose Portable Smart Speaker device option
- STEP 3: Go to the settings section and click on “Voice Assistant”. Once done, select Alexa from the options.
- STEP 4: Simply follow all the instructions prompted on the application to link your Amazon account. Once Alexa has been enabled on your Bose speakers, you can use voice commands to check the weather, set alarms, play music from different applications, listen to podcasts, and control other smart home appliances.
As mentioned earlier in the article, the Soundlink Revolve does not come with a Wi-Fi connectivity function, making it difficult to use Alexa voice assistant directly through the speakers. However, if you do own an Alexa-enabled speaker, it is fairly easy to use voice commands through it by just linking both the speakers. The Soundlink Revolve is a great purchase if you do not mind putting in the extra effort.