Alexa is among the most popular smart home devices available on the market. It a virtual assistant developed by the tech giant Amazon. You can use the smart home device to control virtually all smart devices in your house, including the lighting.
To connect the Ecosmart light bulb to Alexa, install the Ecosmart light bulbs where needed and add the device on the Alexa.
In this article, we will discuss everything there is to know about Alexa, the EcoSmart light bulb, and how you can use them together to create the best smart home experience.
Further reading:What Is Alexa And What Does Alexa Do?
What Is An Ecosmart Light Bulb?
EcoSmart bulb is a smart lighting solution for your home. They are LED bulbs that are energy-efficient and dimmable. They come in a range of shapes and sizes to suit the aesthetic requirements of any house. They offer bright lighting solutions and come in several color options.
EcoSmart bulbs provide customers with a sustainable and safe option when it comes to lighting and home décor. These bulbs cost approximately $20 and are said to last for at least 22 years! If you are in the market for a sustainable long-term solution for your lighting needs, then EcoSmart is the perfect choice for you.
How Can I Connect Ecosmart Bulb To My Alexa Device?
Now that you have bought your Alexa and EcoSmart bulbs, the next step is to connect the two devices. Connecting the smart bulb to your smart home device enables you to have a wide range of control over what the bulb does. It gives you the ability to manipulate the bulb using your phone or via voice control. It allows you to set customizable settings for your bulb to create the perfect ambiance in your home.
Here is how to connect your EcoSmart bulb to your Alexa:
- Screw the EcoSmart light bulbs in their designated locations.
- Launch the Alexa app on your smartphone and tap on the menu icon on the top left.
- Click on the words “Add Device”.
- Click on “Light”
- Click on the name of the EcoSmart light bulb and the specific model to set it up.
- Once Alexa can identify the smart bulb, you are all good to go!
Five Problems You Can Face While Setting Your Ecosmart Bulb
While setting up an EcoSmart bulb is simple, there can be some connectivity problems you encounter.
- The bulb socket in your home is not working. The simple solution to this is replacing the bulb socket with a new unit. Screw in the smart bulb and check if everything is in order.
- Another common problem is where your Alexa app is not able to identify or discover the smart bulb. In this case, we suggest that you look at the instructions provided by the manufacturer specific to the make and model of your bulb. Once the bulb has been reset, reconnect your Alexa via the app and turn on the bulb.
- Another solution to connection problems is to restart the Alexa app.
- Sometimes Alexa requires you to download a skill to connect to a device. These can be found on the skill store on the Alexa App. Select the appropriate skill for your device and enable it on the app.
- If your device is Wi-Fi enabled, then make sure it is on the same wi-fi network as your Alexa device.
You may also like: What Are The Best Alexa-compatible Devices?
Five Innovative Ways To Use Your Ecosmart Bulb
There is a wide range of useful applications for a smart bulb, making it a highly versatile home décor product. With a dash of creativity and patience, you can use the EcoSmart bulbs to transform your home.
- Turn on lights in your home with voice commands: This is the coolest feature of a smart bulb. And it is futuristic! You can set Alexa to recognize voice commands that will turn on and off the lights at your behest.
- Make your party exciting with themed lighting! You can impress your party guests by customizing your smart home with themed lighting that matches the vibes of the party. You can customize the lights to change according to the beats of the music you are playing to turn your house into a personalized club.
- Add to the aesthetic value of your home with accent lighting. Most smart lights come in different shapes, sizes, and color variants, making them the perfect product to use for accent lighting.
- Adjust lighting to suit your needs: It is important to have suitable lighting in different rooms for different rooms in the house. For example, the kitchen and study areas are generally as they workspaces. On the other hand, living rooms and bedrooms can have more creative lighting setups to reflect different moods or to create a relaxed and cozy environment. Play around with the brightness and color settings of your smart light bulbs to create the perfect atmosphere at home.
- Use light to highlight décor items in the house. Having good lighting can transform how you display your precious art collection. Smart bulbs are a safer way to highlight as the LED bulb maintains the structural integrity of the painting.