In the present day, home security is an essential thing. Do you already have a home security camera from Reolink and plan to use it more effectively? Are you wondering if it works with Alexa? It does. You can now use your Alexa system to control your Reolink home security camera.
Everyone wants a device that is easy to use and does not have much hassle when it comes to installation and performance. Reolink with Alexa is one such simple combination. You need to follow a few steps to be able to use your Reolink with Alexa. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: You need to download your Reolink app from Google Playstore or App Store. Once the installation is complete, you can go ahead and open it.
- Step 2: You need to launch the Reolink app on the cloud account.
- Step 3: Once it is done, you will see a Smart Home option on the app screen.
- Step 4: There will be multiple options for your Reolink devices on the screen. Choose the Reolink device that you wish to use with Alexa commands. You can add that device to the Smart homepage.
- Step 5: You need to launch the Amazon Alexa app and sign in to your account.
- Step 6: You will see the devices option at the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on it.
- Step 7: You will not see ‘Smart home skills’ and ‘enable smart home skills,’ where you need to click on the search button at the top right and find your Reolink smart home.
- Step 8: Tap on the ‘Enable to use’ button on the Reolink account and click on the ‘Login Option’
- Step 9: Once you are done logging in, you will see the message ‘Reolink smart home has been successfully linked’, following which you need to click on the Done button to continue.
- Step 10: There will be an option as ‘Discover devices’ or, you can use the Alexa voice command and say ‘Alexa, discover devices.’ All the devices connected to your Reolink account will be visible to you.
- Step 11: You need to click on the ‘Set up devices’ option tap on the continue setup option to continue.
- Step 12: Once all this is done, your Reolink device will be successfully linked to the Amazon Alexa device. You can do this with any Alexa device and link as many Reolink devices as you wish to use them as per your convenience.
You may also like: Does Nest Yale Lock work with Alexa?
Troubleshooting If Your Amazon Device Cannot Find The Reolink Camera
If after multiple attempts, your Amazon device cannot find the Reolink Camera, you need to find the solution to the below questions:
- Is there a connection between the local router and your Reolink camera?
- Is the internet connectivity strong?
- During the process of installation, did you forget to enable the Alexa skill for the Reolink Camera?
- Does your mobile have Wi-Fi connected?
- Is the Reolink Smart Home feature enabled from your app?
- Has the connection been made with your Reolink device and Alexa app?
Some Great Features Of Reolink Camera
Some excellent features of the Reolink security camera are:
- Person and vehicle detection technology
- 100 feet night vision
- Time-lapse videos can be made
- IP66 waterproofing comes with the camera
- 4K/5MP video quality ensures an excellent quality vision and video
Why Link Reolink Camera To Amazon Alexa?
You might be wondering what the purpose of linking Reolink Camera to Amazon Alexa when each one of them has an individual app is?
Reolink Camera can be linked with Amazon Alexa to enhance the control over the home security camera. You can easily control the home security camera with just voice commands through your Alexa device.
You can command your Alexa device to show the videos of your Reolink Camera or turn the camera in a certain direction, etc.
It makes your life simple by allowing you to access the camera at ease from anywhere in the house.
What Are The Cameras Available From Reolink?
Some of the devices of different kinds that are available from Reolink are listed as below:
- Argus 2
- Argus 2E
- Argus Pro
- Argus Eco
- Argus PT
- Argus 3 Pro
- Argus 3
- Reolink Go
- Reolink Go PT
- E1 Outdoor
- Reolink Lumus
- E1 Pro
- E1 Zoom
Further reading: What Are The Best Alexa-compatible Devices?
What Are The Benefits Of Installing Security Cameras At Home?
Security cameras have a lot of benefits for your home. Some of the basic benefits of security cameras are as below:
- Does not require as much maintenance link other security measures that guard your home 24/7.
- It allows you to keep an eye on your property 24/7 without worrying about the shift hours of security personnel hired by you.
- You can detect any kinds of burglary and crime that you might fall prey to.
- Helps you in the insurance as you are making your property secure and safe against any kind of burglary.
- You need not make continuous investments in security measures. Once the installations are done you need not worry about the working of the device, it takes care of the security of your home.
Furthermore, when you link the device to Amazon Alexa, accessing it and controlling it becomes better.
Reolink devices allow you to link them with Amazon Alexa, where you can control the camera with the help of voice commands. Alexa voice commands help you to command the device from anywhere in the house.
You can also connect the camera to your smart TV to see the different videos from your Reolink devices. The combination of Amazon Alexa and Reolink Security camera makes your home security stronger and keeps it under your control.
Spend only 5 minutes in the few steps to install the Reolink App, Amazon Alexa app, and link them for added functionality.