Want to have a good night’s sleep with soothing background music playing all night? Alexa can do the work for you just right. Alexa is feasible to play relaxing sounds all night without any interruption.
Do you miss sleeping in the rain paltering over the windowsill? Or do you miss sleeping to the thunderstorm sounds? Alexa can produce any sound you feel like sleeping too. Here is how you can play thunderstorm sounds all night on Alexa easy way.
It is super easy to get Alexa to play thunderstorm sounds. Alexa excels in playing nighttime sounds all night long without interruption. You can also stop them anytime you like. There are two ways to get Alexa to play thunderstorm sounds all night.
Further reading: How To Unmute Alexa – The List Of The Best Alexa Commands
Downloading The Desired Skill
Many Skills are available on the Alexa app that allows you to play thunderstorm sounds all night. All you need to do is download such Skills to have a peaceful sleep. The two known skills for thunderstorm sounds are
- Sleep Sounds: Thunderstorm Sounds
- Thunderstorm Sounds by Sleep Jar
You can use any of these Skills to play thunderstorm sounds. Both of these Skills are Free to Enable. To activate them, you need to follow a few steps.
- Open the Alexa App on your mobile device
- Go to More> Skills
- Now, in the search bar, type the name of the above skill you want to use.
- Once the search results are in, choose the desired skill.
- Open the Skill and tap on enable.
- The following Skill will be enabled.
You can also activate a Skill with the help of voice commands. For this, you can simply ask, “Alexa, enable [name of the skill].” This will enable the skill.
When you want to use it, you can simply command, “Alexa, open Thunderstorms Sounds.” The Alexa will begin playing Thunderstorm Sounds. Other commands Alexa denies include, “Alexa, start Thunderstorm Sounds,” or “Alexa, play Thunderstorm Sounds.” By default, it will play the sounds for one hour. You can stop the sounds anytime by saying, “Alexa, stop.”
If you want to keep the sounds playing all night, you say, “Alexa, ask Thunderstorm Sounds to loop.” To can also set a specific limit by saying, “Alexa, stop in 7 hours”.
The Skills are available in other sounds as well like rain, bird, fire, click, cat, jungle, mountain, train, airplane, underwater, rainforest, waterfall, fireplace, forest bird, and many more. Each sound has a different skill you need to enable. These sounds also help you erase any of the sounds in the background you fear from. For instance, you can just play soothing bird sounds if you want to exclude the thunder and lighting sounds to make you sleep better.
You may also like: How To Keep Alexa Playing Music All Night
Setting the Routines
Do you want the thunderstorm sounds to play all night as part of your bedtime routine? If you have several tasks lined up for Alexa before you sleep, you can combine them into one with the help of Routines. You can name the routine as Bedtime routines. When you active the bedtime routine, Alexa will perform all the tasks one by one all by herself. You will not have to give the command for each task.
To set Routines,
- Open the Alexa app on a mobile device
- Go to Routines from the main menu
- Tap on + icon on the top right corner
- From the three options, first name the routine as bedtime routine (or anything you like)
- Next, tap on + in front of When This Happens.
- Choose the Voice option and type the command you want Alexa to understand, like “Alexa, begin the bedtime routine.” Tap on Save
- Last option, tap on the + icon in front of Action. You can choose different actions like setting the Thunderstorm sound you want to play. You can also set the definite time period for which you want to play the sound.
- You can also add other actions to your bedtime routine through this, like turning the thermostat off after an hour and such.
- You can also add a Do Not Disturb to your bedtime routine. This will allow Alexa not to send any further notifications out and loud.
Activating the Thunderstorm Sounds skills can allow Alexa to play thunderstorm Skills all night. You can make the sounds stop at any time by saying, “Alexa, stop.”
You can also set Thunderstorm Sound as part of your bedtime routine using Alexa’s Routines feature. There is a multitude of other Alexa skills that help you sleep better with soothing sounds playing all night in the background. You can immediately be transported to a peaceful place as you like.