Sonos just added a new music service to its ever-evolving and growing list. Guess what is it now?
Have you been missing SoundCloud on Sonos? No more now! SoundCloud is now on Sonos i.e. you can now enjoy streaming SoundCloud music with the help of Sonos speakers.
Let us start from the beginning and know specifically about both for them.
What is SoundCloud?
Sound Cloud is a famous social sound streaming music service. It not only lets anyone listen to, discover, and share new music tracks but also lets emerging artists create and upload their sounds for free.
It is an excellent platform for music listeners as well as music creators. It is a music social platform with the help of which music creators can widen their reach by sharing tracks privately with friends, on social media platforms, or even publicizing them on blogs.
For music listeners, it lets you save your favorite tracks, creates your own playlists, and even follow artists for free.
Where Is It Available?
SoundCloud may not be available to everyone in the world. But you should be happy with this collaboration if you reside in the US, UK, France, Germany, Canada, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand. SoundCloud Go+ is now available in some of the European countries too.
In total, the free service of SoundCloud and SoundCloud Go+ (its premium version) supported by advertising is available in 19 countries.
What is Sonos?
Sonos is a leading brand name known for producing quality wireless speakers and home sound systems. It also is known for its smart speakers that support wi-fi and support multi-room compatibility.
Some of the Sonos speakers are also compatible with Alexa. This means you can talk to Alexa with the help of Sonos speakers. Just ask Alexa to turn on your favorite playlist on SoundCloud, and it will be done.
Sonos and SoundCloud
There are certain top features of SoundCloud that Sonos allows you to access. Here is what all you can access on Sonos after adding SoundCloud music service to Sonos:
- Explore songs by Audio & Music, for which Soundcloud is known for
- Explore with the help Artists name and Track name
- Look upon who you follow through Stream updates
- Know your browsing content like songs you have previously liked, your playlists, and artists you have followed through the SoundCloud app.
- Like the songs you love or are listening to from the Sonos app itself
- The info and options screen gives access to Related tracks and Playlists for the track you are listening to
- If you have a SoundCloud Go+ subscription, you get access to an extended catalog on Sonos.
See More: How To Play Your Own Music On Sonos?
How To Add Soundcloud To Sonos?
It is easy to add SoundCloud to Sonos just like every other music service Sonos supports. For this, all you need is
- SoundCloud Go+
- Sonos speakers
- Sonos Controller app (updated to latest version)
Once you have all the requirements fulfilled, here are all the steps to be followed
For iOS or Android
If you have Sonos app installed on your iOS or Android mobile device or tablet, follow the following steps:
- Open the Sonos app on your device
- Go to the Settings tab found at the bottom right corner and tap on Add a Service
- Now, go to Music & Content and click on Add a Service
- You will see a list of supported music services on Sonos. Tap on SoundCloud from the listed services.
- Further, tap on Add to Sonos.
- Now you will be asked to log in to your SoundCloud account. Do as the on-screen instructions say to integrate SoundCloud and Sonos together.
For Mac or PC
If you have your Sonos Controller app downloaded and installed on your Mac or Windows Pc, here is how you can add a SoundCloud as a music service to Sonos then:
- Open the Sonos app on your system
- Go to Select a Music Source section and click on Add on Music Services
- The list of supported music services will be listed. Find and select SoundCloud from the given list.
- You will be asked to connect to your SoundCloud account. Fill in the credentials of your SoundCloud account and follow the on-screen instructions thereafter to integrate them together.
You can also add multiple music account for the same music service. So, if you have more than one SoundCloud account maintained, that could be of your family member, it can be added in as well.
See More: How To Group Sonos Speakers?
Sonos And Soundcloud Monthly Subscription
There is always a catch, and here it is! You may not be able to enjoy SoundCloud on Sonos if you use a free version of SoundCloud. However, if you are a die heart music lover and loves to explore a large collection of songs, the amount you pay would be negligible.
Suppose you have Sonos speakers at your home. In that case, it’s a win-win situation to get a SoundCloud music service and level up your experience of listening to music blasting from Sonos speakers.
For SoundCloud to work on Sonos, you need to have a monthly subscription to SoundCloud Go. You will be provided a 30 days free trial where you can listen to music for free. However, after that, you will have to pay $10 per month as a subscription. If you are using it on an iOS device, you will have to pay $13 per month i.e., $3 extra.
However, after getting the subscription, you will be able to access a wide music library of more than 125 million songs.
Why Sonos and SoundCloud?
SoundCloud is an innovative platform that is much more than just a music service. It’s more of a social platform for music lovers and creators alike. Due to its feature of letting creators upload their songs for free, it has a wide collection of songs.
On SoundCloud, you not only listen to tracks and create playlists, but you can also share your favorite songs, comment on songs, and collaborate with artists worldwide. It also allows amateur music creators to earn revenue from the platform. SoundCloud has been financially supporting more than 25 million creators by providing voice and wings to their musical talent.
If you like to explore new songs and would love to even listen to underrated songs, SoundCloud is an excellent platform to come across some fresh voices and lyrics.
Sonos because why not? If you have a set of smart Sonos speakers, you would want to make the most of them. Hearing an addition of new music service to Sonos just adds to the functionality of Sonos. If anyhow, you can’t find the taste of music on other streaming music services, try out SoundCloud with Sonos.
If you love to fill your room with good music, Sonos speakers are the best to accomplish it. Moreover, along with great bass and clear, crisp sound quality, Sonos speakers are smart enough to take your commands from voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant.
Syncing them all together will provide you with the best multi-room, and home theatre experience.